Aussie Outback (Scenic Rim)
The Real Australia – From Cattle Country to Mountain Forest
Get a taste of Aussie Outback that few international visitors ever see! With a variety of landscapes and so close to Brisbane, the ‘Scenic Rim’ is a dramatic arc of volcanic mountains that’s yet to be discovered. This informative and beautiful tour is perfect for guests craving a genuine Aussie experience. Includes cattle country, Lake Moogerah, wine tasting and dramatic lookouts. Seen on channel 7’s Queensland Weekender.
- Boonah Lookout for superb views over the Scenic Rim.
- Drive around Lake Moogerah for a unique perspective of the Rim’s dramatic arc of mountains.
- Sampling the impressive whites, reds & port from the Rim’s volcanic soils at a boutique winery.
- Depending on the day, lunch is at a delightful winery restaurant or a gourmet picnic lunch.
- Green Hills Rd – “The most beautiful road in Australia” Steve Irwin.
- Learn about the region’s pioneering past, including Aboriginal history, European exploration and Coochin station – visited by royalty.
- Wander the lavender fields (May to September) in a stunning location (option of more wine tastings).
- Aussie country towns of Boonah and Kalbar.
- Stop at top of Greenhills Rd for strawberries & ‘Aussie’ champagne.
- A superb drive around the mountains to Queen Mary Falls.
- Venture into the mountains to a rainforest walk high in UESCO World Heritage Listed national park.
Eco Safaris’ Aussie Outback All Inclusive Tour includes:
- Very comfortable, modern vehicle e.g. Land Rover
- Great lunch at a local winery or gourmet picnic
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Private and fully personalised itinerary
- Personalised, private tour with fun, knowledgeable guide
- Plenty of snacks, water & chocolate
Download Eco Safaris’ Aussie Outback Tour Sheet below: