Amazing Aussie Animals at Steve Irwin’s Famous Zoo
The only personally guided tour through ‘Australia Zoo’ with a pick up and drop off in Brisbane or Sunshine Coast. With a very knowledgeable guide, learn all about the animals and you won’t miss any shows or waste time backtracking. If you leave the zoo early, visit beautiful local sights such as lush rainforest, cute mountain village, superb beaches, Brisbane City and Glasshouse Mountains.
- Guided commentary of the region to the zoo. Drive past Glasshouse Mountains. Learn how the volcanic plugs were formed and the Aboriginal dreamtime story of their creation.
- Discuss Australia Zoo’s history and the Irwin family.
- ‘Sneak Peak’ in Australia’s largest wildlife hospital and learn about the wonderful work being done.
- See many Aussie animals such as Tasmanian devils, wombats, snakes, colourful birds, echidnas, wallabies & emus.
- Pat koalas and hand feed kangaroos.
- Great seats for the Wildlife Warrior show in the world-famous Crocoseum – see the zoo’s amazing bird show followed by perhaps the world’s best crocodile show.
- There are plenty of wonderful African and Asian animals also available such as the superb tiger show, giraffes, cheetahs, lemurs and meerkats.
- Cuddle a koala and get a professional photo.
- Get up close and personal with your favourite animal/s on a private ‘Animal Encounter’.
- Guided ‘behind-the-scenes’ tour of the zoo’s state of the art Wildlife Hospital.
Early Zoo Finish Options
- Brisbane – e.g. Kangaroo Cliffs, Mt Coot-tha Lookout, Southbank river walk, gardens and ‘City beach’.
- Superb rainforest walk and stunning views over Glasshouse Mountains and Sunshine Coast.
- Montville’s cute mountain village with arts, cafes, wines and stunning views.
- Walk around Caloundra’s superb headland past lovely beaches – a ‘local secret’ holiday town.
Eco Safaris’ Australia Zoo All Inclusive Guided Tour includes:
- Very comfortable, modern vehicle e.g. Land Rover
- Entry to Australia Zoo
- Sneak Peak entry to Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital
- Kangaroo food
- Personally guided through the zoo with knowledgeable & fun guide
- Great lunch
- Morning or afternoon tea
- Plenty of snacks, water & chocolate
Download Eco Safaris’ Australia Zoo Guided Tour Sheet below: